Free Web Hosting with Website Builder

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Janet Jackson Exposes Label Drama, "They've Stopped All Promotion On The Album"

In preparation for her first US tour in nearly seven years, Grammy award winning singer Janet Jackson recently spoke up about her label troubles, sharing her struggles in book form and what to expect from her tour this fall.

In a telephone conference, Janet told select online media she's looking forward to her upcoming "Rock Witchu" tour, which kicks off this September.

"I'm so excited to be able to hit the stage again," Janet said. "It's been, I think about seven years. It feels great, there is no anxiety. I have great friends that always give me so much support and so much love and to be able to feel that night after night and I'll just be on top of the world."

While Janet didn't make any guarantees, she is hoping to incorporate all of her singles into the tour performance.

"It's a completely different show, like nothing before in the past," Janet said. "My real goal is to try and do every single I've ever had, so I have to figure out how to fit that into two hours."

Sadly, Janet revealed she has faced struggles with Island Records since the release of Discipline that will likely result in no further singles being released.

"That's pretty difficult to say, only because of the record label at this point," Janet responded when asked about forthcoming singles. "We started off with 'Feedback' and the label and myself haven't quite seen eye to eye since 'Feedback,' so they've basically stopped all promotion. I'm trying to figure out a way to say this, but just to say it and to be quite honest, they just stopped all promotion whatsoever on the album so I don't think you're going to hear another single off this album."

No comments: